Friday 24 April 2015

Are you kidding me?

Source: Google images
When people ask, do you ever wish you were straight? Most times I ignore the question or change the topic.
Today, I thought how best I can respond to this question, God knows I will be lying if I said no.  I took a moment and gazed through the telescope of a heterosexual, back when I was hopelessly trying to hoax myself to feeling emotions by channeling my “straight side”.  My desire for “straightness” was greater than the thirst of a dying woman lost in the dessert searching for water.  Of course, I wished I was straight; being treated as a second class citizen with a contagious disease is not a pleasurable feeling.


Just look at all the wonderful benefits of being heterosexual
Google image

Men are everywhere more than gay women
There is free association
No one ever questions your carnal charges; your sex sells everything
You can have babies even if you don’t want them
You get to publicly display affection that won’t disgust anyone
Your marriage is legal
The church isn’t out to get you
And, oh yes, that spot you applied for in “heaven”, it's booked
The world is yours to take
If you haven’t realized I am being cynical


Do I wish I was straight?  No. If no, explain why?
Image taken from Google


It never truly fulfilled me. I went through a spell of depression because I wished for something that couldn’t be changed just like that fact that my eyes are brown and my hair is wavy. Living as someone I was not turned into a scenarios of, be very careful of what you wish for, it may just come true. Mentally, I feel scarred. I am not a man hater but there’s nothing within a man that ever had the power to comfort me.
So my answer is, no. Now I don’t wished I was straight. I am contented and perfectly fine being me.

 Since we all know the plan and design, why ask me this inappropriate question? I will never be so inconsiderable to inquire if you wished you were gay. See how stupid that sounds.  I have no problem with my sexuality which by the way has no definition on my personality or even my characteristics.  If being straight validates a person’s snobbish attitude towards homosexuals, if being straight is a way to measure someone’s worth; I don’t want it! And keep your superficial judgments as well!

Happy being me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment