Thursday 23 April 2015

Collaboration- The closet door has opened (in poetry)

Who remembered my poetry challenge from classmate and blogger Carisa Lee from The Word Korner? Now, we have taken some time to work on a collaborative effort and managed to muster up some fairly decent poetry. The theme surrounds unveiling the disguise and purging ones self of fear and learning acceptance. I hope you enjoy.
Image taken from Google

Like the thunder that shatter a silent night
I am terror, desolation, anxiety
Sometimes it feels like I am laying in a room with limited air; suffocating
I keep hiding from monsters, most imaginary
Fiends I’ve created with shadows so dominant their mere darkness destroys me
Paranoid, my feelings are only in my head
On my knees I crawled into closets,
Built for my protection
But there is no Narnia on the inside
Just me, my self imposed confinement,
I’m open but searching for a master key
Like gun shots that breaks a silent night
Over speculating, shielding my authenticity
I’m corrupted; not ruined
Source unknown
The voices declared the wages of sin is death
My weapon was bestowed on me at birth
I fight skeletons that have long defeated me but my wounds are too deep to heal
I’ve taken satisfaction in pain
Learnt the knack of disguise, invisibility
On chilled evenings so what if I fancy the gentleness of warm legs more than mannish crudeness
And just like thunder, she has awakened me
No longer am I a slave to my sin….

Written by:
K. Drew

From more poetry and spoken word visit The word Korner
  • I’m coming out; I want the world to know got to let it show ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ No, it’s not that easy, am I really ready to admit my sexuality and get omitted by my friends and family. You see coming out is not a fantasy, My story is different from Ellen and Portia De La Rossi, coming out for me is not going to be easy. I could hear my mother now, child you need a good praying, No family of mine is gay, the devil have you mind straying.. Or the disapproving looks I will get from my other family members and how the community will finally get validation for the rumours. I’m I really ready to deal with the giggles pointing and whispers? Hummm, so long I’ve held this secret, but it gets easier to keep it, at times I Just forget about it and a few times I believe I lost it way in the back of my closet. But when I remembered it I asked myself, is being a lesbian really the worst thing that can happen in this world? Is it so bad if love decides to choose the hearts of two girls? Is it so bad to be joined in holy matrimony and raise a family even though our love is taboo in society? Why would you judge me, isn’t our main goal in life to be truly happy? I would love to proudly preach my lesbianity Bask in all her glory Sing, I’m coming out I want the world to know But I can’t let it show…
    Written By C.Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment